Starwood American Express 30,000 Point Sign-Up Bonus Now Publicly Available

In the interest of full disclosure, I earn a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that I have found for each card. Please check out my advertiser policy for further details about my partners, including American Express, and thanks for your support!

First of all, just a quick reminder that the increased sign-up bonuses for the following cards is slated to end mid-afternoon Eastern Time today:

Check out my previous post about the bonus offer if you still haven’t applied and were intending on doing so.

UPDATE: This offer was only valid through June 30th, 2014. For current offers, please see the Best Credit Card tab.

On Friday I wrote about the return of the Starwood American Express 30,000 point sign-up bonus.

The sign-up bonus on the Starwood American Express Card is ordinarily 10,000 Starpoints after the first purchase in addition to 15,000 Starpoints after making $5,000 in purchases within their first six months of card membership.

In the past they’ve increase the sign-up bonus on the card once a year — typically around Labor Day — by 5,000 Starpoints. So instead of offering a total of 25,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 within six months, they offer a total of 30,000 Starpoints.

On Friday they brought back the 30,000 point sign-up bonus offer, though only for those being referred by existing members. It’s worth noting that this 30,000 Starpoint sign-up bonus is now also publicly available without a referral, and will be valid through June 30, 2014.

SPG-AmEx-Increased-Bonus

I’m not sure whether this is in addition to the standard increased sign-up bonus around Labor Day, or whether it replaces it.

Here are the links if you’d like to apply directly for the Starwood American Express:

Here are the links if you’d like to refer someone to the Starwood American Express:

Keep in mind they’re also still offering 5,000 Starpoints as a referral bonus, so:

• If you’d like to help me out (more than you’re already doing by gracing me with your readership and company), you can send me an email at onemileatatime@hotmail.com with your name and which card you’d like (personal or business), and I’ll get back to you ASAP with a link through which you can apply
  • If you’d like to refer someone, feel free to post your email address below (at your own risk) and people can email you for a referral

There’s no reason to leave those 5,000 Starpoints on the table, in my opinion, regardless of who’s doing the referring.

Either way, figured it was worth noting that the increased sign-up bonus is now publicly available, so there’s no need to be referred if you don’t want to be.

Editorial Note: Neither this post, nor the comments, are provided by the Issuing bank, or any other advertiser. The comments below have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any advertiser, and it is not the bank or advertiser's responsibility to ensure posts and/or questions are answered.

Comments

1. AC says

Lucky,

should be possible to ask amex to match this offer if i recently applied for the card right? i applied right before the may deadline where they no longer allow previous cardholders to get bonuses.

do you know what the typical timeframe is for amex to match better offers? i know for chase its like 60 or 90 days. thx!

2. adam says

Ben,

Are these cards churnable???? I have had both chase cards and Amex SPG cards both business and personal within the past year. However, they have been cancelled around 6 months ago. Am I still eligible??? And what about Amex’s recent “one bonus per lifetime” po;icy that was implemented art month??

Thanks

3. scott b. says

If anybody wants SPG Amex Business Card referral ( and help me out to get some extra points for a 10th wedding anniversary trip ) please email me at scobro99@yahoo.com and I will send you a referral. Thanks

4. Marvin says

Be warned – Amex will try to screw you out of your bonus points on this one. My wife and I both got the Starwood personal card, applied through blogger links for the 10k+15k points at $5k spend, and we both got screwed.

Amex claims that their system captured a screenshot of a different offer and refuses to provide the 15k bonus points. This is either a glitch or a lie. Customer service didn’t even care that it would cost them our business, so you know they have never heard of cost/benefit analysis.

Not sure if taking a screenshot yourself would even work in this case, but if you plan on applying for any of these cards, try to document your offer the best you can because Amex WILL try their best to screw you out of the points you deserve.

5. Robert says

Great! Finally someone posted those 2 links with the exact 30K referral offer with 5K bonus. Thanks Lucky! Now I feel lucky as I do not know why the only offers that were available on my Amex/SPG profile were the ones with 25K instead.

6. Andrew says

@Lucky Any word if Amex is enforcing its new bonus rules? I had a Starwood card from 2007-2011 and would like to get the bonus again if possible.

7. Al says

Lucky, any insight to Andrew’s Q? It appears the app for the biz card has the 12 month language, suggesting the bonus can be churned every 12 months after cancellation, however the app for the personal card has restrictive language that prohibits the bonus from anyone that’s had the card previously.

8. DC says

I applied when the 25k offer was out. Now they will not match the 30k offer(said they would match it, after the phone call was transferred they will no longer will match it).