JetBlue’s TrueBlue program seems to frequently offer award redemption promotions, though they always make them more complicated than they have to, in my opinion (though I suppose that’s by design). They’re back with another one, offering 20% off TrueBlue award flight redemptions.
The details are as follows:
- Valid for bookings made through Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Valid for travel between May 27 and June 27, 2014
- Not valid for flights on Fridays and Sundays
- Fares will not be discounted below 5,000 TrueBlue points
- If applicable, the discounted award rate will automatically appear, so no registration is required
Furthermore, JetBlue American Express Cardmembers will receive an additional 10% of redeemed points back for these discounted flights. The credit will post four to six weeks after travel is completed, and should be automatic as long as the TrueBlue points of the primary account holder are used.
JetBlue has a revenue based frequent flyer program, and TrueBlue points can ordinarily be redeemed for roughly 1.5 cents each towards the cost of a ticket, so with the discount they can each be redeemed for roughly 1.8 cents towards the cost of travel.
JetBlue offered a similar promotion in February, though the discount was 25% instead of 20%.
Since TrueBlue is a revenue based program there’s really no reason to hold onto points, since for the most part one redemption won’t be a better value than another. So if you have travel to plan during the promotion timeframe, it’s tough to beat getting a 20% discount.