Daily Getaways, sponsored by American Express and the U.S. Travel Association, will be returning this year. For those of you not familiar with it, it’s intended to promote tourism, and there are often some good deals.
This has been offered for several years now. The first year it was great because there was very little competition for the packages, given that not many people knew about it. But the past couple of years it has been super competitive, and being able to buy one of the better packages was akin to winning a raffle.
Every weekday from May 19 through June 20, 2014, travel packages and getaways will be on sale at discounted prices. The good thing is that you don’t have to decide on your dates or travel right away, because most packages come in the form of certificates or points, which can be redeemed over time.
Anyway, Daily Getaways has just published the first two weeks of packages. Keep in mind that if you pay with an American Express card you receive a 10% discount on the listed prices.
Lets take a quick look at them:
Week 1, Day 1: Monday, May 19
Discounted Wyndham Rewards points
- 14,000 Wyndham Rewards points / $84 / 500 available
- 32,000 Wyndham Rewards points / $192 / 450 available
- 40,000 Wyndham Rewards points / $240 / 440 available
- 60,000 Wyndham Rewards points / $360 / 100 available
- 75,000 Wyndham Rewards points / $450 / 200 available
Week 1, Day 2: Tuesday, May 20
Discounted Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points
- 5,500 Hertz points / $280 / 45 available
- 13,200 Hertz points / $475 / 35 available
- 16,500 Hertz points / $775 / 50 available
Week 1, Day 3: Wednesday, May 21
Discounted Choice Privileges points
- 20,000 Choice points / $108 / 216 available
- 32,000 Choice points / $132 / 655 available
- 36,000 Choice points / $175 / 786 available
- 40,000 Choice points / $165 / 325 available
Week 1, Day 4: Thursday, May 22
$50 Alamo discount certificate
$50 Alamo discount certificate sent via email for $25. 2,000 available.
Week 1, Day 5: Friday, May 23
Discounted Hilton HHonors points
- 100,000 Hilton points / $550 / 160 available
- 150,000 Hilton points / $825 / 200 available
- 250,000 Hilton points / $1,375 / 200 available
Week 2, Day 1: Monday, May 26
Discounted IHG Rewards Club points
- 15,000 IHG points / $100 / 2,500 available
- 25,000 IHG points / $167 / 2,000 available
- 50,000 IHG points / $325 / 1,250 available
- 100,000 IHG points / $630 / 1,000 available
Week 2, Day 2: Tuesday, May 27
Caesars Entertainment Discounts
- Two nights accommodations in a Mini-Suite, two Buffet-of-Buffets passes, daily fitness center access, complimentary internet access and roundtrip limousine transportation between hotel and airport / $299 / 20 available
- Two nights accommodations in a Red Room Premier at Paris Las Vegas, dinner for two, spa treatments and more / $350 / 10 available
- Two nights accommodations, two all-day Buffet of Buffets passes, two fitness center passes, complimentary internet access, and roundtrip airport transportation / $465 / 20 available
- Two nights accommodations at Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace, in-room tea service, dinner for two at Nobu Restaurant and Lounge, daily fitness center access / $590 / 5 available
- Three nights accommodations in a Suite at Caesars Palace as well as show tickets, a $200 dining credit, daily fitness center access, daily internet access and roundtrip limousine transportation between hotel and airport / $1,540 / 10 available
Week 2, Day 3: Wednesday, May 28
Does anyone really care? Didn’t think so.
Week 2, Day 4: Thursday, May 29
Diamond Resorts Discount
Five consecutive-night stay at select Diamond Resorts International properties by July 4, 2015. 200 available.
Week 2, Day 5: Friday, May 30
SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Discount
- SeaWorld one-day pass / $49 / 900 available
- Busch Gardens one-day pass / $45 / 640 available
I’ll crunch the numbers as the dates approach, though overall this isn’t as exciting as it used to be. The prices are higher, and points on the whole are worth less than they were a few years ago.
Do any of the above packages interest you?