In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Please check out my advertiser policy for further details about our partners, including American Express, Chase, and Citi, and thanks for your support!
Update: First Friday Favorite is no longer available.
You ordinarily earn two points per dollar spent on dining, so this is an additional point per dollar. Tomorrow is the first Friday of December, so get your Chase Sapphire Preferred Cards out!
While this obviously doesn’t make a huge difference for a normal meal, I think this is especially valuable this month. Tons of restaurants offer bonuses on the purchase of gift cards around the holidays, so it’s usually a time of year where I stack up on restaurant gift cards anyway. It’s not unusual to see restaurants offering a ~$20 “bonus card” when purchasing $100+ in gift cards. So if you’re going to take advantage of something like that, you might as well do so tomorrow and earn an extra point per dollar on your Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Here are just a few examples of restaurants offering bonus cards right now:
- Bonefish Grill is offering a $20 bonus card when purchasing a $100 gift card
- Fleming’s is offering a $20 bonus card when purchasing a $100 gift card
- Carrabba’s is offering a $20 bonus card when purchasing a $100 gift card
- California Pizza Kitchen is offering a $20 bonus card when purchasing a $100 gift card
- Chili’s is offering a $10 bonus card when purchasing a $50 gift card
- Maggiano’s is offering a $20 bonus card when purchasing a $100 gift card
- Olive Garden is offering a $10 bonus card when purchasing a $50 gift card
- Outback is offering a $20 bonus card when purchasing a $100 gift card
Alternatively, keep in mind you can purchase many chain restaurant gift cards at office supply stores, where it can make sense to use your Ink Plus® Business Credit Card. You earn 5x Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent there. For December, however, it may be worth purchasing a gift card directly from a restaurant if they have a promotion on the purchase of gift cards.