Several months ago Hyatt and MGM announced a huge new partnership, which went live in June. This translated into reciprocal benefits for members of both Gold Passport and M life, as I outlined in this post.
The one benefit that didn’t immediately go live was status matching between programs, which has just gone live today. As a reminder, as a Gold Passport member the tiers match as follows:
You can find all M life benefits here, though as you’d expect from a Vegas loyalty program, you get very few concrete benefits but rather mostly priority services along with some discounts.
To go ahead and link your Gold Passport and M life accounts, simply go to this page. You’ll be prompted to enter your Gold Passport and M life account numbers, and then your status will be matched between programs, regardless of which program you’re matching to/from.
As a reminder, the 12 Vegas MGM hotels are as follows, along with their corresponding Gold Passport categories:
- Category 2 (8,000 points/night): Excalibur
- Category 3 (12,000 points/night): Luxor
- Category 4 (15,000 points/night): Monte Carlo, New York New York
- Category 5 (18,000 points/night): MGM Grand, Signature at MGM Grand, Vdara, Mirage
- Category 6 (22,000 points/night): Aria, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay
Very nice partnership, and since you can book Vegas stays at several of these hotels through Virtuoso and American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, going to Vegas now becomes even more tempting.