Airspace Lounge at JFK T5 opening today

There’s some pretty exciting news for JetBlue flyers that frequently travel out of JFK. Today, Friday, July 19, the first lounge will open at JFK terminal five, which will be operated by Airspace Lounge.

It will be open daily from 5AM till 11PM, and can be accessed the following ways:

• American Express Platinum card members and two guests or immediate family can access the lounge
  • Aer Lingus premium passengers can access the lounge
  • Access can be purchased for $25-35 depending on how “peak” the period is

The lounge has complimentary soft drinks, light snacks, coffee, wifi, printing, showers, etc., and then alcohol and more substantial food can be purchased in the lounge. Regardless of which method you use to enter, you’ll be given a $10 credit with your entry to purchase their premium products.

Anyway, I consider this to be exciting news. I really enjoy the JetBlue flying experience, though one reason I’ve avoided flying them out of NYC is because of the lack of practical lounge access. Given how frequent delays are out of NYC airports, having lounge access can be invaluable.

Airspace_Lounge

I look forward to checking the lounge out myself in the near future.

Comments

1. starflyergold says

Most food and drinks will be free for EI pax (denoted by the shamrock on the menu)

2. Andrew C says

I look forward to this. The one at BWI is very nice, never crowded, and has really tasty food.

@ Pegasus — You don’t, though since it’s airside you do need to have access to the terminal.

4. Bev says

I’m not flying any airline in that terminal, but in and out from other terminals, with a long wait between. Can I get into T5 and to this lounge with tickets fromDelta and Emirates, not Jet Blue or EI or any other T5 airline?

@ Bev — I don’t believe you’ll be able to access the air side unless you have a boarding pass for a flight departing from that terminal, unfortunately.

6. Bev Noia says

Thanks for the info–what a disappointment! I’ve got about 15 hours to hang out …sure wish I could access that new loung there for some of them!

Anybody else have other ideas how to get into that terminal??

@ Bev Noia — If you really wanted to use the lounge you could purchase a refundable ticket on an airline that leaves from the terminal and then refund the ticket after you’ve cleared security.

8. Bev Noia says

Purchase a refundable ticket—that’s a thought….I may just look into it. What a shame they make it so hard to get to that lounge when it’s the only one of its type at JFK! Wish they’d made it land-side, not after security!

9. Bev Noia says

I checked Jet Blue–there’s a fee for cancellation. About the only airline I know with no cancellation fee is Southwest, and they go to LGA, not JFK…..does anyone know an airline that goes out of T5 and has no penalty, no fee, for cancellation, and gives a full refund?

10. Bev Noia says

@ Bev Noia — JetBlue does have refundable fares, you just have to book them instead of the lowest available fare. When you get to the results page the cheapest fare appears on the left and the refundable fare appears on the right.

12. Bev Noia says

Thanks! I just didn’t explore far enough! I did google the question and read that there’s a change fee of $75–but maybe that’s not for all fares. I’ll look more closely.

13. Mo says

What about JetBlue Amex holders? Would they still be allowed in? Not sure if that card falls under “platinum” status