EVA Air award space now bookable on united.com

Thanks to reader Ismael for pointing out that EVA award space is now bookable on united.com. That’s pretty exciting news given that I find the United website to be the single best place to search for Star Alliance award space. Beyond that it allows people to book EVA with United miles without paying the $25 phone ticketing fee.

United_EVA_Award

For reasons on why this (and EVA in general) is awesome, see my previous posts — here, here, and here.

Comments

1. Trajan81 says

This is really nice as finding *A awards to TPE wasn’t the easiest thing to do. Looking forward to your EVA reviews as well.

2. Paul says

I have an ANA 777 flight in J booked NRT-SFO. Is the EVA new business class experience better?

3. Peter_Ng says

UA.bomb showed phantom awards again. Show at least 1 J seat available for lax-tpe on 7/4 but cannot check out. A quick look at ANA shows no J award seat

4. Joe S says

Does the below flight from JFK-TPE have lie flat seats. On Seatguru it seems they only have reclining seats, and it’s a long flight to not have lie flat. Just curious.

Flight: BR31
    Operated by EVA Airways.
    Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER

5. E says

Any idea if eva releases j seats closer to departure? August seems to be almost all blank.

6. Sandy says

Thank you Ismael and thank you Lucky!! You guys are awesome! I was able to change 4 award economy seats from connecting flights on NH to 4 business seat on EVA via united.com! This IS a on Hello Kitty jet. my kids will be sooo surprised! Strangely, I was not charged change fee. I thought United charged fees for cabin changes…..but I’m not complaining :-) perhaps releasing EVA’s inventory isn’t all in place yet so the proper fees were not charged via the web.

7. Lloyd says

How come I can’t see this yet?? Now I didn’t sign into and I read the message “MileagePlus Premier members may receive better search results by signing in.” You think that makes a difference??

8. Lloyd says

I mean the exact posting above…or maybe someone took that award ticket already??

9. tp says

As a follow-up to E, how far in advance is EVA releasing? I looked at a couple of dates in December and didn’t see any EVA flights or segments for TPE-LAX.

Also, I can seem to remember or find my ANA account # :(

@ Paul — Tough to say. Food and service on ANA is probably a bit better, though EVA hard product is better. Can’t go wrong with either product, in my opinion.

@ E — They do seem to release more space as the departure date approaches. Loads do look full in August so can’t guarantee they will then, but it’s definitely worth checking back.

@ Lloyd — The flight I posted above? It looks like someone already snagged both seats, unfortunately.

@ tp — Well they release when the schedule first opens, and as far as I can tell progressively release more space as the departure date approaches. Haven’t found a fixed schedule yet.

United has temporarily pulled all BR award redemptions due to a “small issue”. Per United, the seats will be back online for redemption by the end of next week.

15. Sergey says

It looks like every Star Alliance pulled BR seats – even expertflyer does not show “Eva Air” anymore.

16. Kevin says

Thanks Thrifty Tourist. I was wondering what happened as I was able to find BR award on United yesterday, but disappeared last night.

ANA’s award engine can still show BR flight.

17. Joey says

Thank you ThriftyTourist. I was just on United website and couldn’t find any Eva award space; but found some yesterday. While I was looking yesterday, I did notice some routing issues on the site so hopefully that’ll be fixed next week.