Best Uber sign-up bonus ever — $45 credit for new members!

Over the past couple of weeks we’ve seen two promotions (here and here) offering Uber sign-up bonuses of $35. Historically those were about as good as they got.

It appears as if Uber has gotten even more generous, because in the past they’d offer a $10 referral credit when referring a new member. Now they’ve raised that to a $20 referral credit, so along with the $25 Amazon Local certificate out there, that’s a total of $45 in Uber credits for new members.

Here’s how you can take advantage of this promotion:

1. Sign up for Uber, and you will automatically be given a $20 credit. You can sign up using my referral link, or otherwise feel free to post your link below and people can sign up through there.

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 1.09.33 AM

2. Go to Amazon Local and order a free $25 Uber bonus certificate for new members through Amazon Local (which must be requested by July 10, and redeemed by August 31). You should receive an email with the free $25 certificate within half an hour or so of placing the order. The amount won’t show up as a credit balance, though will be applied to your first ride.

Amazon_Local

It really is that easy, and if you’re not yet a member this is a really easy way to get a $45 Uber ride for free. Even if you wouldn’t otherwise use Uber or don’t plan on using it long term, two minutes of work will pay off big time here.

(Tip of the hat to Jeff)

Comments

1. Raphael says

Thanks for the tip! Just wanted to note that European users like myself seem to receive a 20 EURO credit when signing up with your link. Comes down an extra 6 USD, not bad at all :)

2. Adam Weiss says

Uber has definitely been useful for me in the past, and the company is very responsive to billing issues. My driver got lost during my ride once, an all it took to get a credit for the extra distance was a quick email to support.

If you’re signing up, please consider using my link: http://uber.com/invite/wl1q9

3. Mandrake says

Please use my Uber link for your $10 referral credit:
    uber.com/invite/t4edz

4. Mandrake says

I meant, please use my Uber link for your $20 referral credit:
    uber.com/invite/t4edz

5. C Diddy says

The Fine Print is below. And you’re of course welcome to use mt referral code too!

uber.com/invite/ubercohall

- If your friend takes their first ride after the promotional period, you will receive the usual $10 credit

- Your friend’s $20 of Uber credit will not expire and can be used after the promotional period

- Promotional period runs from July 1st at 6am – July 8th at 3am

6. Tisha says

Hi Ben,

Not sure if I am the only one getting this but, when I apply the Amazon code, it doesn’t reflect on my credit balance but it appears on my online profile as “promotions available”.

Hopefully that means it would use up the $25 amazon credit first when we use Uber.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

@ Tisha — that’s correct, with your first ride the $25 Amazon credit would be applied.

8. Sean says

Use my Uber code, olifb, and get $20 off your first Uber ride. Redeem it at uber.com/invite/olifb.