A couple of weeks back Hyatt & MGM announced a huge new partnership which goes live today. Through this partnership Hyatt Gold Passport members can earn and redeem Gold Passport points at 12 participating MGM properties in Las Vegas, while M life members can earn tier credits for stays at Hyatt properties.
I think this infographic explains it best. Here’s what’s in it for Gold Passport members:
And here’s what’s in it for M life members:
This partnership is essentially the equivalent of the “codesharing” we see in the airline industry, which is awesome. And it’s funny because Gold Passport is going from having a tiny footprint in Vegas, to one of the biggest.
In terms of redeeming Gold Passport points, the MGM properties in Las Vegas will fall into the following categories:
- Category 2 (8,000 points/night): Excalibur
- Category 3 (12,000 points/night): Luxor
- Category 4 (15,000 points/night): Monte Carlo, New York New York
- Category 5 (18,000 points/night): MGM Grand, Signature at MGM Grand, Vdara, Mirage
- Category 6 (22,000 points/night): Aria, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay
So bookings for MGM properties in Las Vegas can now be made on hyatt.com, for both revenue stays and award stays.
Now we just have to wait for August, when reciprocal elite benefits will kick in.
Awesome job, Hyatt and MGM!