Comments

1. Dima says

Not only in China… This is how the whole cargo-world works. That’s why you really need good packing of products.
    Especially services like China post have these kind of people working.

@ Dima — To be clear, the part I find surprising isn’t how they’re being mishandled, but that they’re all falling. Surely he sees that? It just means more work for him.

3. Simon says

4. Simon says

I suspect it is a joke – boxes that size and volume would normally be packed in a airline cargo container

5. Dima says

@lucky
    He doesn’t care… He gets payed by the hour.
    You should have seen my previous cleaning lady: she was walking in circles because her shoes were dirty…

6. Dima says

@bluecat
    Which comment? The first or the second?

First = it’s everywhere the same problem. This is the daily reality of all your packages that you receive.

Second = This guy really doesn’t care that he has more work… When people get paid by the hour, they work as long as possible. Even if it means when he has to do double work. By doing nothing the supervisor can say something. By doing stupid things, he’s technically doing his job. So no problems there.

7. bluecat says

Dima, I meant this: ” she was walking in circles because her shoes were dirty…” Is it some sort of idiom/saying from another language?

8. Dima says

@bluecat
    Nope, just literately. She was cleaning the floor. Turned around and saw it’s dirty again. Cleaned again. Turned around: again dirty…

And she did this until her shoes weren’t clean, I guess. I guess it’s retarded, but it’s very similar to that guy. He just stretches the time, by doing stupid things.

9. Kyle B says

This is exactly why every time I’m at the airport I always see a massive line at the Air China baggage services desk.