Chase Fairmont Visa sign-up offer with no annual fee the first year

The Chase Fairmont Visa Signature card is one of the next Chase cards I plan to apply for. It offers two free nights at a Fairmont including breakfast after spending $1,000 on the card within three months. The annual fee on the card is $95, and ordinarily it isn’t waived for the first year, though Roms Deals shares a link to an offer that waives the annual fee for the first year.

I’m not sure for how long the offer is available, so if you’ve been eying the card, this is a great offer under which to sign up. There are some great Fairmont properties out there, and two nights including breakfast is a heck of a bonus, in my opinion.

(Tip of the hat to Roms Deals)

Comments

1. Andrew B says

I visited (but didn’t stay in) a couple of beautiful Fairmont properties a while back: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and Fairmont Banff Springs. They’re both a bit remote, but definitely worth a look.

2. Bundy says

@Lucky,

What area are Fairmont hotels known for? For example, Carlson has ton of top-tier properties in Europe. What will be the best way to utilize this card?

In addition, are you just banking on the 2 free nights? THe benefits do not seem that great. What is the expiration for the 2 nights? 1 year from the 1000 spent?

Thanks Lucky!

3. Vince says

2 free nights at ANY property? Has anyone had success with this? Wonder how restrictive the blackout dates are, mentioned in the fine print. 2 free nights at the Plaza would be nice.

The Plaza and The Savoy are booked until next year. The nights available for the Fairmont free nights for the expensive properties is extremely limited.

5. Jon says

There are a couple nice Fairmonts in Bermuda. I don’t think Bermuda has any other chain hotels that I’m aware of. Might be a good reason to visit.

6. Bgriff says

To second what @Frequent Bird said — I had a few Fairmont free night certs a couple of years ago from their (lousy) loyalty program and found them absolutely impossible to use due to very limited availability. I would not get excited about this offer.

7. Tim says

The Hawaii properties have really good availability, and generally go for over $500/nt. Only blackout days in Maui are over the Christmas break, and the Big Island adds major holidays to their list. The Banff, Lake Louise, Quebec properties also look very nice. Maui’s Kea Lani is an all-suite hotel.

Here are the blackout days, otherwise, as long as they have the base room you can use the certs (what I’ve been told by the FT Fairmont board). Apparently you can book a paid room then apply your certs too.

The Fairmont “managed” Savoy and Plaza are notoriously tough and have heavy restrictions.

Do note that this comes with Premier status, which gets you 2x$25 lunch/dinner certs, plus certs for 3rd night free, room upgrade, suite upgrade. This is per elite year. I used my upgrades on the free nights.

Also note the breakfast certs are only good for $25/person, which is less than the cost of breakfast at a lot of properties.

8. Travis Swanson says

Was able to use the certificates from this sign up bonus easily earlier this year. Used them at the Southampton Bermuda, was even able to use the suite certificate on top of them. When I signed up, the offer came with Premier status (not sure if it does now) which came with two suite upgrades and two dinning certificates in addition to the two free breakfast certificates the offer came with. Made staying in such an expensive country much more reasonable.

9. cahbf says

Note that the Fairmonts in Bermuda (there are 2) are dumps. It’s all relative of course, but comparing them to the Fairmont Maui, the Bermuda ones are dumps

@ Bundy — I think Fairmont to some degree lacks an identity, which is why they aren’t huge yet. They’re generally older/classic and beautiful hotels, and they actually have a really good loyalty program. Just for being a member you get free wifi, for example.

I believe the free night certificates are valid for a year from when they’re issued.