Reminder: a few days left to redeem Hyatt Diamond suite upgrades!

As a Hyatt Diamond member you receive four confirmed suite upgrades per year, each of which can be used to confirm an upgrade on a booking of up to seven consecutive nights. These are deposited into your Gold Passport account around February 28, and valid for one year. That means if you achieved Diamond status for this year, you should be receiving those suite upgrades within the next week.

But it’s also worth noting that if you still have some confirmed suite upgrades from the past year, they have to be redeemed by Thursday, February 28. Now, Hyatt lets you redeem them for stays after February 28 as long as the upgrade can be confirmed.

I have one confirmed suite upgrade remaining, so I need to make another hotel booking by Thursday for some date in the future so that it doesn’t expire. Just a reminder to those of you in a similar situation, so you can do the same…

Comments

1. Bryan says

I have three upcoming one-night stays at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome in May, and would be glad to take any unused certificates! We’re just measly Platinums…

Thanks. I actually have several stays booked but forgot that you could use them for forward bookings. You should join us at the Olive8 for the wine tasting next month.

3. Dan says

If you have a paid stay of a couple of nights can you just use 1 suite upgrade or do you have to use 1 for every night?

4. Darrell says

Thanks for the info. I just booked family into a room at the Hyatt in Jersey City and got a confirmed upgrade my wife went and checked out the room and its a true suite that bigger than our condo with a balcony and a view from midtown to the statue of liberty. Time to go book the other 3. Thanks for posting the info.

5. Al says

I am losing my diamond membership on that date so have even more incentive to use my 4 upgrades but I have nothing I can think of. At best it would be speculative booking n I don’t know locations that have deals going on or have great corporate code pricing.

@ Dan — It’s one per stay of up to seven nights.

@ Diana W — It doesn’t, at least per the rules.

7. Gene says

@Diana W — I’ve successfully changed the rate on one of these when the rate dropped after booking. You must call to have this done. You cannot charge the date.

8. De says

If they’re transferrable, I would love to put one to good use for an upcoming trip with my wife. Thank you for considering!