Get $40SGD for transiting Singapore Changi Airport on Singapore Airlines or Silk Air!

Via Jaunted, Singapore Changi Airport (as if it’s not awesome enough to begin with) is offering transit passengers a $40SGD (~$32USD) voucher voucher just for transiting the airport on Singapore Airlines or Silk Air.

The article says that the promotion is valid through June 31, 2013, though if my nursery rhymes aren’t failing me, then June only has 30 days (30 days has September, April, June, and November, all the rest have 31, except for February, that son-of-a-gun).

The voucher can be picked up at the information desks in terminal two or three, and can be redeemed at more than 450 retailers. Best of all, they’re valid for a year, so you can save ‘em up if you frequent the airport, and get something really nice after a few visits.

How unbelievably awesome is that?

Update: Per the terms & conditions it appears as if you have to be booked on Singapore Airlines or Silk Air ticket stock in order to qualify. So those booked through other carriers don’t qualify, unfortunately.

(Tip of the hat to Jimmy)

Comments

@ Ripper3785 — Thanks for doing the research. Grrr! Could still be useful for booking an SQ award ticket, like HKG to SYD via SIN.

2. Nancy says

WooHoo!! I’ll be transiting through there twice next month on SQ. ($70 to blow on my 13hr layover.) Thanks for posting!!

3. mangoceviche says

Lucky – I have enough MR points for a one-way JFK-CGK F ticket on SQ. In terms of meal service, would you say JFK-SIN or SIN-JFK is better? Departure time from JFK is 20:50 arriving in FRA at 10:45 and continuing to SIN at 12:35. In the other direction, the flight leaves SIN at 23:55 and arrives in FRA at 6:30, continuing on to JFK at 8:30. I am afraid if I choose the latter, the meal service will be similiar to that of your recent SFO flight – no satay or caviar or dessert.

@ mangoceviche — Meal service is definitely better JFK to SIN than SIN to JFK. On SIN to JFK you’re getting a supper, two breakfasts, and a light meal, while on JFK to SIN you’re getting a dinner, breakfast, lunch, and breakfast.

5. Benny says

I have a layover on Monday! Might have to try it out. Booked my tickets through United during last year’s ticket bonanza. Will see if they honor it.

It says can be used at retail store. I saw last time they have an Apple store. Will it work there?

6. Benny says

Shoot just saw that my ticket was issued in July and said it needed to be after October. I might still try.

@ Mr. N — Technically not since the ticket has to be issued by Singapore. But it may be worth a try anyway, as you never know…

8. Thomas says

I just tried getting the voucher with award booked through united on sq and they wouldn’t honor it.