AMAZING ~$900 business class fares between New York and Santiago on American/LAN!

Per this FlyerTalk thread, American has published a ~$900 all-in business class fare between New York and Santiago, Chile, valid for travel on American and LAN (though only on LAN in conjunction with an American Airlines codeshare). I’m not sure if this is a legitimate fare sale (given that we’ve seen several fare sales to South America in the past week) or a fat finger mistake, but I’d definitely get in on this as soon as possible. It seems to be valid for travel through early June.

The best place to look up availability is on ITA Matrix. Enter the origin and destination, your date flexibility, and select business class, and it will return options in a calendar view.

Then just select your preferred dates/flights, and you should be able to book them on aa.com. While there’s lots of routing flexibility with this, all flights need to either be on American or be an American codeshare. This means you can fly LAN in many cases, and I’d highly recommend booking them in business class between Miami and Santiago over American, as LAN has fully flat seats in business class while American doesn’t. Unfortunately I haven’t found a way to route this through Buenos Aires or Sao Paulo on American in order to get on a three cabin plane (and use a systemwide upgrade to further upgrade to first class), as American doesn’t codeshare between those gateways and Santiago.

C’mon folks, let’s book this!

Comments

1. Alonso A. says

I can see your face thinking of Santiago and its showers :). Anyway, thinking of stopping by Lima?

2. mark says

Thoughts on holding the rez on aa.com? want to check my schedule in the am to make sure everything is ok with the days I chose.

@ Bob — Given that it’s already in business class and none of these planes have three cabins, I’m not sure which you’d upgrade. Or you mean you’re in coach on a segment and want to upgrade?

4. Bob says

@lucky – Yes, I meant the latter for SCL-IPC. Can you use AA miles or Avios points to upgrade from Y to J, and if so, would it be worth it? Thank you.

5. SamOH says

Wow… this is a super sweet deal for folks who qualify for AA EXP on POINTS if you do multiple of those ….22689 EQP a pop (15126 miles x1.5) JFK-MIA-SCL-IPC-SCL-MIA-JFK…

6. Max says

Seems tough to get the LAN J long-haul segments, but apparently adding just about any Chilean domestic flight on aa.com will automatically trigger the LAN MIA-SCL J legs at just ~$920ai. Try Calama (CJC) (for a unique desert trip) or Puerto Montt (PMC) for a glance at Chile’s incredible lakes region. As stated above, IPC prices out $100 or more above that but it will also triggers the LAN MIA-SCL J legs.

7. Max says

Plus, note that if you’re on a LAN discount economy fare code (G N Q S) SCL-IPC you’ll only accrue 25% of the total mileage to your AA account, despite the flight being around 2300nm.

8. Jetstream007 says

Thanks a lot, just booked a € 670 (EU site worked better) return, April 25-29. Great deal!

9. Ace says

@Lucky – thanks, just got in on this madness, w/ a semi-MR to IPC, 1 night stay, & approx ~ 18,889 total miles earned with CoS bonuses for only $842!!

Total price was $1042 – $200 in Amex Plat AA gift cards = $842…approx 4.4cpm.

Have been to IPC before, it’s a mysterious/wonderful place. I don’t normally eat fish on airplanes, but on the way back to SCL from IPC, the very friendly crew (they were all from IPC, ‘Isla de Pascua’ is where IPC comes from), said the fish had just been caught that morning, in the waters outside Easter Island. It was delicious, along with the bottle of wine we drank!:)

10. jennette says

Can someone please let me know how to add IPC to the trip without price jumping up to $6000? Thank you!!

11. Brady says

Booked all the way through to IPC! First time I’ve scored on one of these C or F — thanks for posting this!

12. Erik J says

By the time I saw this opportunity the price had crept up to $1,070 with a two night minimum, but I happily jumped on anyway.

Just booked JFK-IPC and will be staying on Easter Island the nights of April 29 and 30. Mark – is that when you will be there?

BTW, the 24-hour hold option on AA was not available so I had to ticket right away. Lucky – is this normal if other airlines operate part of the itinerary?

13. Jason says

I just booked 3 business tickets from DFW-EZE via MIA for $936 each! Amazing deal.

Does anyone know if the LAN portions are credited to Aadvantage account if you get full miles and mileage bonus if Elite with AA? I may do a status match to AA if so.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting! Just booked for 28may – 3june for an awesome 5 night stay on Easter island. Should be incredible!

Jason- thanks for the heads up dfw>eze via mia. Taking a look at that now

15. ehche says

Corey – I am booked NYC-IPC May 31st – June 3rd. Will only be there for 2 nights this time, but I was there for 5 nights back in 2006. It is indeed incredible!

16. Mark says

@ Erik J – Cancelled my Avios booking to IPC and booked thru this fare sale so my dates changed to 4/20-4/26

Now I need to decide if I should use this to AA status challenge to PLT… I never fly oneworld, not sure if I should do it.

17. Brit says

5/5-5/11 SAN or SNA-EZE on AA/LAN for $1,659 in business ai. At least there is a west coast option for those of us out here. Not as good as <1k though!