There are five easy steps:
- Stay at a hotel with your favorite brand of toiletries (Bulgari, Blaise Mautin, etc.).
- Call housekeeping and request an extra set of toiletries. After all, you have to get toiletries for your guest bedroom at home, and they might as well be good ones.
- Place said toiletries in your ziplock bag, but don’t seal it. This step is key.
- Arrive at your destination and remove the toiletries from all over your carry-on.
- Wipe down your laptop, computer cords, noise canceling headphones, bag etc., to make sure they’re not soapy anymore.
Karma is a bitch, I guess. On the plus side all my electronics smell awesome.