Hilton’s amazing “Friends & Family” sale for stays between December 14, 2012 and January 7, 2013

Hilton is offering a “Friends & Family” sale for stays between December 14, 2012, and January 7, 2013. Now I’m not sure why the sale is called a “Friends & Family” sale, given that there’s no requirement to know an employee or anything. I guess they just consider anyone wanting to stay at a Hilton property to be a “friend.”

Through this promotion they’re offering 50% off at participating Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations properties, and 30% off at participating Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Homewood Suites, and Home2 Suites properties.

As far as promotional sales go, this one is shockingly straightforward. It seems to be 50% off the “best available rate” at many hotels, and the stay is still refundable. Now, there may very well be other rates lower than the “best available rate” and you don’t get 50% off those, though in almost all cases this rate ends up being lower.

Take the Conrad Tokyo, for example, where the rate is cut in half to 20,000 Yen (~$240USD) for some nights.

Anyway, that’s just one example, though availability seems to be there for just about every day I’ve searched. So if you already have some refundable Hilton bookings this might be a good time to “reprice” them, and if you have any travel coming up in the next month or so, now would be a good time to look at rates.

(Tip of the hat to Gary)

Comments

1. Jason says

Man! Ahead of a winter vacation I booked four nights at the “any weekend anywhere” prepaid rate JUST before this promo started.

2. Cindy says

Was going to book a basic airport hotel but staying at the Hilton instead for half the expected price. Thanks!!!

3. Jessica says

Awesome – Just rebooked 2 of my December stays! Saved at least $250 on a 2 night stay in Clearwater!

4. maccoinnich says

Thank you Ben. I just changed from a night at a Hilton Garden Inn to a regular Hilton, and saved myself €20 in the process.

Thanks Ben! I just cancelled my existing reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn over the Holidays, rebooked under this offer and scored the 30% discount. Plus I’ll be enjoying my first stay (and free breakfast :-)) as a Gold through my Hilton Amex Surpass card.

6. BFrankley says

I thought I had found a great rate in Austin using one of your FTU secret tips for Starwood bookings. But Hilton rates now have that beat. Thanks, twice!

7. dmodemd says

WARNING: On FT thread, email confirmation from Hilton that you get NO point or stay credit for these rates!!

8. Brian says

This is an employee program that was not put out well by Hilton. “Friends and Family” means friends and family of employees. Usually you have to have a “passport” given out by HR, but they decided to put it out on a public webstite, causing this problem. Hilton hotels have now noticed this and are putting caps on the program.