American offering survey for 500 free AAdvantage miles!

American is offering 500 bonus AAdvantage miles for both “liking” American Airlines and AAdvantage on Facebook and completing a short survey.

The survey only takes a couple of minutes and asks you about your preferred loyalty programs. The miles should be deposited into your account within 6-8 weeks at most, per the page at the completion of the survey.

The promotion is apparently valid through December 17, 2012, or to the first 200,000 entrants.

This is the most rewarding and easiest loyalty program survey I’ve taken in a long time.

(Tip of the hat to David)

Comments

1. Jerry says

I hope it’s open to everyone, not just USA people as most questions are USA-specific (including programs and Home airports)

I did mine as Canadian and had answers like “Air Canada Aeroplan” and YYZ Home airport

2. Ken says

Its seems once you are “approved” for the survey by liking AA, you can fill it out for different people.

3. Matt says

That really was a crappy survey – you’d think they’d realize that for 500! miles, most people would fill out pages and pages of questions.

4. Euro says

Hey, free points- and good to see the limit on the number of people who can take it is much higher than that Starwood free points promotion a few weeks ago.

5. Ann says

Is that 500 miles for liking them and 500 miles for taking the survey or is it 500 miles total only if you do both?

6. Kyle B says

Aeroplan offers a program called Aeroplan Insiders where every month or so they send you a survey for 50 miles. Not a lot but it resets the counter on your points expiring so its quite useful

7. nsx at flyertalk.com says

I’m getting an “Invalid AAdvantage number” error message, but it’s the right number. I’ve had this number (one letter followed by 6 numbers) since the mid-1980’s. The same number shows when I log in at aa.com but Facebook doesn’t seem to Like it. What should I do?

8. Tracy T. says

Thanks for the heads up. I only log into Facebook 3-4 times per year (long story, but it annoys me), but found 500 points to be worth a log in. :)

9. Susan says

Trouble is, by participating you agree to let AA use all your information and spam all your FB friends. No thanks.