Starwood is offering a promotion entitled “Redeem & Reward” for stays between October 21, 2012 and December 20, 2012 (bookings made prior to October 21 qualify as well).
Through this promotion you can get a partial refund of points at select properties within 4-6 weeks of the stay.
When I first saw this promotion I immediately assumed the properties would suck or be totally off season, like the Four Points Topeka or St. Regis Greenland in winter. However, that’s not the case, and there are actually some amazing properties on the list, as follows:
• The St. Regis Aspen Resort, Colorado, USA
• The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, USA
• The St. Regis Bal Harbor Resort, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
• The St. Regis Monarch Beach, Dana Point, California, USA
• The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
• W South Beach, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
• The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, Florida, USA
• W Retreat & Spa — Vieques, Puerto Rico, USA
• The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, Ontario, Canada
• The Westin St. John Resort & Villas, Virgin Islands, USA
• The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa, Rancho Mirage, California, USA
• The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, Cayman Islands
• The Westin Resort & Casino, Aruba
• Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino, Bahamas
• Sheraton Steamboat Resort, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, USA
• Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, Chandler, Arizona, USA
• The St. Regis Deer Valley, Park City, Utah, USA
• The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
• The Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort, San Antonio, Texas, USA
• The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, Georgia, USA
• The Westin Whistler Resort & Spa, British Columbia, Canada
Registration is required by November 30, 2012.
This is an AMAZING promotion, and frankly quite puzzling. Look at some of the hotels on the 50% off list — St. Regis Aspen, St. Regis Bal Harbour, and W South Beach — all of which can we had for 50% off when redeeming points during their busy season!
Also keep in mind that Starwood offers the fifth night free on points, so during this promotion you can basically pay the “standard” price for two nights, and get what amounts to three nights free once all is said and done (“cash & points” redemptions are not eligible, by the way).
Take the St. Regis Aspen from December 15-20, for example. The standard flexible rate is $759 per night plus 11% tax, for a total of ~$843 per night. A night usually costs 30,000 Starpoints, so through this promotion you’d pay 15,000 Starpoints for the first four nights, and the fifth night would be free. That’s an average of 12,000 Starpoints per night for the St. Regis Aspen during their peak ski season.
The value is similarly excellent at the other properties. Totally don’t get the logic behind this promotion, though I’m certainly not complaining! The funniest part of it all has to be that Starwood recently introduced “cash & points” for many category seven properties for 15,000 Starpoints plus $275 per night, and through this promotion you end up paying just 15,000 points at most, minus the $275 co-pay.
Awesome, awesome, awesome!