Last opportunity to apply for Chase Hyatt Visa card with no minimum spend!

Link: Chase Hyatt Visa Card Application

I picked up the Chase Hyatt Visa during my last credit card churn, and it’s a fantastic card with a great sign-up bonus. The card offers two nights at any Hyatt hotel in the world after the first purchase, though that sign-up bonus will soon require $1,000 of spend in the first three months of having the card. The annual fee on the card is $75.

As you can see below, if you apply directly through Chase you’ll already be subject to the new $1,000 minimum spend. However, my affiliate link still offers the two free nights after the first purchase.

The benefits of the card are that it offers three Hyatt points per dollar spent at Hyatts, two Hyatt points per dollar spent on dining, airline travel, and car rental purchases, and one point per dollar spent on everything else. The card also has no foreign transaction fees. In and of itself that’s not especially compelling, given that Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers double points on dining and travel plus a 7% annual points dividend, so you’re basically earning 2.14 points per dollar spent, which can be transferred back to Hyatt. The only spend I actually put on my Hyatt card is for actual Hyatt stays, where I earn three points per dollar.

But there are a few things that are awesome about the card:

Two free nights at any Hyatt in the world after your first purchase. If you’re a Platinum member with Hyatt you also get two confirmed suite upgrades you can use on a paid booking in the future. If you’re a Diamond member you get those two free nights in a suite. That’s an amazing sign-up offer, especially given some of the aspirational Hyatt properties out there.

For example, you can redeem your two free nights at the Park Hyatt Sydney, which is usually ~$840USD per night.

Or if you’re a Diamond member you could redeem your two free nights in a suite at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, which is usually $2,250 per night.

A free night annually for as long as you have the card. This is one of those cards that’s worth keeping as long as this benefit applies. For the $75 annual fee you get a free night certificate you can use annually at a category 1-4 hotel. You can find Hyatt hotels by category here, and as you can see, there are plenty of great hotels on the list, including the Andaz West Hollywood and Hyatt 48 Lex New York.

Platinum status for as long as you have the card. While this isn’t the greatest status in the world, it gets you free internet whenever you stay at a Hyatt, plus bonus points and some other benefits.

Anyway, if you can handle another Chase application, this one’s a no brainer, especially with the bonus after the first purchase.

Link: Chase Hyatt Visa Card Application

(Tip of the hat to Gary)

Comments

1. Blaine says

Couple of questions… Does the platinum status “count” towards Diamond in any way? Also, how long are the two free nights valid for?

@ ari — Good to know as I haven’t received official notice of the change date yet.

@ Blaine — It doesn’t, though you can earn up to four stays and ten nights towards status through spend on the card, though it requires $40K.

The free nights are good for a year.

3. JettyBoy says

Lucky, my Hyatt Diamond Status expires Feb 2013. If I apply for the card now (while I still have Diamond status), will I get the two free nights in a suite, or will I be demoted to the Platinum offer once my status changes to Platinum (I have qualified for Platinum already)?

@ JettyBoy — To the best of my knowledge it goes by your status at the time of the application.

5. Erik says

I had this card until 18 months ago. Any idea if it’s churnable for another two free nights yet?

6. JBG says

Question Lucky or anyone. I did my first churn July 1. My wife got 4 cards and I got 4 cards. 2 each are Chase (United and Sapphire Preferred for her, and Marriott and Sapphire Preferred for me). In your opinion would either of us get approved if we applied? We both have scores of 730ish. Thanks!

7. Josh G says

I applied early last year and have kept the card ever since. Is it worth applying to see if I get two more FFNs?

@ hjk — Correct, within a year of when they’re issued.

@ JBG — Do you have any other Chase cards? I’d say if you only have two Chase cards you have an excellent shot at approval. If you have more you still have a good shot, though if you’re not instantly approved they’ll let you close an existing card in favor of the new one. Let me know if you have any other questions!

@ Erik @ Josh G — Unfortunately I don’t believe the card is churnable, and with Chase that usually means you can’t apply for a card more than once every three years or so. Still, there are reports of people earning Chase bonuses twice in a shorter period, though I wouldn’t bank on it.

10. Maricel says

Would it be beneficial to do a diamond status trial if you qualify before applying? What’s the true difference if it matters. They are both suites awards, no?

@ Marciel — Yes it would if you can get it in time. The difference is two nights in a suite as a Diamond vs. two nights in a standard room as a non-elite. If you’re a Platinum member your two nights are in a standard room and then you get two suite upgrades you can use on a paid booking.

12. Gregorygrady says

The sky is falling!!!! Get your Hyatt CC now…………….pad my pocket. Last chance. Hat tip gleff.

13. beachfan says

Keep up the good work Lucky!

Not only is it helpful, but we get to see third graders do their chicken little imitation (on about 4 different boarding area blogs, all at once).

14. Gil says

Thanks Lucky, I read your blog daily. I just clicked on your link and was instantly approved. I tried the 2 browser trick and also applied for the UA card, but got a decision pending for that one. If I get a denial letter in the mail I’ll call to ask that they move some of my credit line over from my Sapphire Prefered, BA (and now Hyatt) cards. Or should I call them now?

@ Gil — Thanks, I appreciate it! I’d call them now, as the reconsideration line should be able to approve it instantly. No reason to wait, as chances are they won’t approve it without “intervention” otherwise.

16. Gil says

Lucky, I called as you suggested and they moved part of my line of credit from my BA card over and said I should have the card in 5 – 7 days. Thanks again!

17. Ryan says

How easy is it to redeem these free nights at aspirational properties? I know nothing about the Hyatt program — is it similar to Starwood w/r/t award room availability?

@ Ryan — Very easy. There are no blackout dates, and as long as a standard room is available you can redeem for it.