Through 11:59 PST tonight, August 24, Starbucks is offering $10 of bonus credit for anyone that sets up at least a $25 auto-reload on their Starbucks card via their iPhone app using a Visa credit card.
This is for both new and existing users, so if you don’t have the iPhone app yet you can download it and log into your Starbucks account. From there you have the option of setting up auto-reload. Just use a Visa card and make the auto-reload for at least $25, and you should receive the $10 credit within 10 business days of the reload.
Also, as I blogged about a while back, Starbucks actually has a pretty awesome rewards program which I’ve really gotten into. I’ll share just a few basics/tips:
- After earning 30 “stars” (each star is a transaction) you reach Gold status, which gets you free syrup, soy milk, and coffee refills.
- Once you’re Gold you get a free drink after every 15 “stars.” It doesn’t matter how cheap the transaction is, it qualifies as a “star,” and the free drink can be the most expensive thing on the “menu.”
- Each transaction counts as a “star” so if you’re buying a drink and a pastry, for example, purchase them separately so you get two “stars”
- You can get several gift cards connected to a single account, so sign up all your friends and family under your account and you can earn the “stars” for them, and they can get Gold benefits too.
- Don’t forget to reload your gift card with the Chase Sapphire Preferred, since technically Starbucks qualifies as “dining.”
While Starbucks is overpriced, I find the above tricks take the sting out of it a bit… and free Starbucks “money” helps too!
(Tip of the hat to Deals We Like)