In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
UPDATE: This promotion is over and the sign-up bonus has changed. You can find the best current offers here.
Links for cards (please note these are my referral links, which are for the best available offers):
Today the Starwood American Express is bringing back an increased sign-up bonus which is only valid through September 4, 2012. Through this offer you can earn 10,000 Starpoints after the first purchase, and an additional 20,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 within six months, when you apply for either the Starwood American Express Personal Card or Starwood American Express Business Card.
What we’re giving away:
The Starwood American Express is sponsoring a giveaway for 50,000 Starpoints to one lucky winner.
How to enter:
I’m happy to announce that you can enter this giveaway through both Twitter and the blog, and you’re allowed one entry per method per day:
To enter on Twitter:
1. Follow @OneMileataTime on Twitter.
2. Tweet which Starwood hotel you would redeem 30,000 Starpoints at (the number of points you’d get through the increased sign-up bonus), and how many free nights you could get using those points. Be sure you include both @OneMileataTime and the hashtag #SPGAMEX in the Tweet
3. You can Tweet me once per calendar day (let’s define that as 12:00AM EDT till 11:59PM EDT), and the contest will run through 11:59PM EDT on Tuesday, August 21.
For example, an eligible Tweet would be:
@OneMileataTime I’d spend 12 nights at Le Meridien Chiang Rai #SPGAMEX
To enter on the blog:
1. Go to the official blog entry post (which is NOT this post), which can be found here.
2. Comment on which Starwood hotel you would redeem 30,000 Starpoints at (the number of points you’d get through the increased sign-up bonus), and how many free nights you could get using those points.
3. You can comment once per calendar day (let’s define that as 12:00AM EDT till 11:59PM EDT), and the contest will run through 11:59PM EDT on Tuesday, August 21.
For example, an eligible post would be:
I’d spend 12 nights at Le Meridien Chiang Rai
While I won’t post the full four pages of terms and conditions, the basics are that you have to be at least 18 years old and have an SPG account to be eligible to win. The winner will also have to complete a W9 (ARV of prize is $1,250). If anyone needs any clarification, feel free to ask below in the comments section or email me.
Picking a winner:
A winner will be picked at random within a week of the end of the giveaway. Each eligible Tweet counts as one entry, so the more days you enter, the better your chance of winning. If my math is right you can enter up to 14 times.
Good luck, and if you have any questions about the Starwood American Express or this giveaway please let me know!