I just received an email from American promoting a two-day sale for 40% off Admirals Club day passes, which runs through 12PM CDT on Wednesday, May 16.
They usually cost $50 per pass, though through this promotion cost $30. The fine print is as follows:
- One-Day Pass is valid up to 365 days from date of purchase
- Visitors must be 18 or older in order to purchase and/or use a One-Day Pass
- Up to 3 children under the age of 18 years of age may be admitted at no additional charge with adult One-Day Pass visitor
- Purchaser is not required to be a visitor
- Purchaser will receive printable One-Day Pass(es) for each visitor via email
While it’s better than the normal price, I’d still be hard pressed to pay $30 to visit the Admirals Club unless:
- I had a really long layover
- I had three children under the age of 18 with me
- I was transiting multiple airports with Admirals Clubs in one day, since this is a day pass and not single visit pass
Still, free wifi, soft drinks, and “basic” alcoholic drinks are worth something, and I’m sure everyone can crunch the numbers based on their own valuations of the amenities.
I get Admirals Club access through my American Express Platinum card, which I still consider to be the best value for getting Admirals Club access.