While hotel loyalty programs as a whole do a great job of recognizing frequent guests, individual hotels often don’t. It’s always disappointing to check-in to a hotel for the 50th time and be asked at check-in whether you’ve stayed with them before. I’m sometimes tempted to say “look in the computer, I practically live here.”
That’s why I think it’s pretty awesome that the InterContinental San Francisco (coincidentally one of my favorite hotels in the US) is adding the following milestones for frequent guests, per USA Today:
- 10th Milestone Stay: Your room will include a picture frame holding a favorite photograph. You’ll get an upgrade to a Junior Suite based upon availability.
- 25th Milestone Stay: Expect the above, plus an “I” logo pen, plus a plush, monogrammed InterContinental bathrobe that can either stay at the hotel or be shipped to your home.
- 50th Milestone Stay: Expect the above, plus a pair of monogrammed slippers and a digital picture frame pre-loaded with your selected photos. For the upgrade, you’ll get to stay in one of the hotel’s luxury suites such as the Presidential Suite.
- 75th Milestone Stay: Expect the above, a personalized iPod to keep in the room, including the extra-nice upgrade.
- 100th Milestone Stay: Expect the above, plus a complete linen sheet set that is embroidered with your initials. On future stays, your bed will be made with your personalized sheets.
- 250th Milestone Stay: All of the above, plus the hotel will name a suite after you (after all, you probably already “live” there!). The hotel would actually place a plaque outside the door with your name on it.
Having a suite named after you? I’m not gonna lie, that would be pretty awesome…
Regardless, it’s just nice to see a hotel recognizing guests that are especially loyal to one hotel, as opposed to just the chain.
(Tip of the hat to GeeEmm)