There’s no card that has been as consistently valuable over the years as the Starwood American Express. I’ve reviewed it extensively, and it’s one of the few cards I gladly keep in my wallet year-after-year. For me Starwood points have been one of the few points currencies that haven’t devalued substantially, given that they can be efficiently redeemed for both hotel stays and airline miles. It’s a nice way to “hedge your bets” in case one program devalues, and for that I give them huge props.
So I was quite excited when Starwood and American Express invited me to participate in a new program they’re launching to illustrate the benefits of the Starwood American Express.
Through this program I’ll have access to some really cool experiences (for which the Starwood American Express is covering my expenses), including:
- The Tribeca Film Festival
- The US Open
- New York Fashion Week (Qantas pajamas are considered fashionable, right?)
- A stay at the new St. Regis Bal Harbour
- Two nights at any Starwood property in the US
- A “staycation” at a local Starwood property
I’ll be sharing my experiences for each event and hope to make this quite interactive. The best part is that for each event I attend, you get to have a similar experience which will be covered by American Express. This includes things like:
- A stay at a Starwood property of your choosing in New York
- A stay at a Starwood property with a world class tennis facility
- A $250 American Express gift card for fall fashion shopping
- A stay at the brand new St. Regis Bal Harbor
- A stay at your local Starwood property
- A stay at any Starwood hotel in the US
I’ll announce the details of each giveaway as I recap each of my experiences, the first of which should be next week.
Some of these giveaways will be run through the blog, while others will be run through Twitter, so be sure you’re following me there.
The first event will be the Tribeca Film Festival next week, for which I’ll be American Express’ official Tweeter.
Thanks to the Starwood American Express for this awesome partnership, and I look forward to interacting with all of you regarding these experiences!