American offering double AAdvantage miles for travel on select Alaska Airlines routes

American is offering double AAdvantage redeemable miles for travel on the following Alaska Airlines routes through June 30, 2012:

• Burbank, CA – Portland, OR
  • Honolulu, HI – Oakland, CA
  • Honolulu, HI – San Jose, CA
  • Kansas City, MO – Seattle, WA
  • Los Angeles, CA – Mammoth Lakes, CA
  • Oakland, CA – Portland, OR
  • Ontario, CA – Portland, OR
  • Portland, OR – San Francisco, CA

The promotion is valid for both American codeshares as well as Alaska marketed flights. Registration is required prior to travel using promotion code ASD12. Anyway, it’s not the most exciting promotion ever, though American has a weak presence on the west coast so if you’re a loyal American flyer this is a nice little incentive to fly Alaska Airlines.

Comments

1. carwag25 says

Anyone else getting an error “The promotional code you entered is not valid” when trying to register? Tried twice and got the same message. Used promo code ASD12.

@ carwag25 — You’re right. It seems they haven’t activated the code yet, unfortunately.

@ carwag25 — Sadly I’ll be in Asia then, so no FTU for me. I’ll be at the Chicago Seminars, though.

4. Jo C says

@ lucky

I used your link. Just got approved for the Ink Bold. They said I dont even need to cancel the old one.

@ Jo C — Congrats, and thanks so much! Let me know if I can ever do anything to help. Safe travels!

6. Jo C says

@ lucky

Is there any advantage of keeping the old Ink Bold? My “old Ink” annual fee wont come up until December?

Since it’s a charge card, will keeping the old card help in the utilization ratio?

Will a charge card help in the aging of the card since it’s NOT a credit card?

@ Jo C — Unless you’re a huge credit card spender and the tiered bonuses are worth it to you, I’d say you have no incentive to spending anything on it. That being said, you’ll want to keep it for as long as you can before canceling it given that it would help both your utilization ratio and average length accounts are open.

8. Ozaer N. says

Ben..i booked tickets on AS using ThankYou points, but I’m flyin within the same period of the promotion…..can I still register even though I didnt buy directly from AA?