1998 British show “Airline”

Oh boy, I think I have a new obsession. Frequently Flying Stumbled across another airline “reality” show, one I hadn’t previously seen either. It was shot in 1998 and revolves around Britannia. Here’s one of the episodes on YouTube:

Part one:

Part two:

I’ve gotta warn you folks, this show is mildly addictive.

If you search YouTube you can find lots of other episodes. The names of the videos are formatted like this: “Airline (Britannia) 1998! S1 Ep1 Pt1″

So if you’re as obsessed as I am and want to see all the episodes, just search YouTube by changing the number behind “Ep” and “Pt.”

Anyone else going to waste the rest of their weekend on this?

Comments

1. AK says

Have you ever watched “Come Fly With Me” ? It’s a pretty funny Mock-umentary of shows like this.

2. Matt says

Not wasting my weekend, headed to ARN instead. But interesting nonetheless. Beats the heck outta the WN reality show that was on A&E.

I like the bit on the second one where they’re going onto the flight deck.

Lady: “It’s so dark, I don’t know.”
    FA: “It’s okay, it’s like the Tardis.”

There was an American version of this show later on, under the same name that was quite entertaining to watch and featured Southwest Airlines and their various problems with passengers.
    I always loved their tagline, “We All Have our Baggage”

There was an American version of this show later on, under the same name. It was quite entertaining to watch and featured Southwest Airlines and their various problems with passengers.
    I always loved their tagline, “We All Have our Baggage”

6. J-dawg says

I made the mistake of watching a DVD of “Airline” on a Southwest Airlines flight … talk about being called out by the flight attendant!

7. Douglas says

Ahhh, the Charter Airline docu-soap, gotta love it! The oiginal UK ‘Airline’ based at LHR was the best though. who couldn’t fall for Aeroflot’s Jeremy?

You should try The High Life. Written by and starring Alan Cumming, with sadly only 6 episodes, but iso very, very funny. Mind you, perhaps being Scottish is a pre requisite?

8. Ian says

A little corny, but that’s what makes it so awesome!

Hooked, and there goes my Saturday night. Oh well.

9. BrewerSEA says

I love that the linked episode has the couple on the “holiday from hell” that inspired a parody couple on Come Fly With Me!

And as I said before elsewhere, 1 series of good olde Britania Airlines, they focused on this little up and coming airline called EasyJet.

Still working out what happened to that outfit ;)

If you think Airline was bad, try “Cruise with Stellios”.

Or if it’s in the YouTube archives for the slightly more (if thats entirely possible) version which came first – try Airport which was shot at Heathrow Airport….

11. Clara says

Wonderful! And how could we forget the Thai series recently aired on channel 5 called You Fly I Fly We Fly, hosted by Pali Chaisoorongvatse.

12. Iain Scott says

If you fancy a different piece of airline comedy, there was a show in Scotland in the late ’80s called “The High Life”. It starred a young Alan Cumming, and I seem to remember it being pretty good. It’s on YouTube too.

You evil man…watched the whole series last night, then discovered the same guy has Airport (the one shot at LHR, with Jeremy) I was hooked on that in college and am now watching THAT all again…