36 British Airways Avios points per dollar spent at Nordstrom!

British Airways’ shopping portal is offering 12 points per dollar spent at Nordstrom, though they’re also presently running a promotion whereby triple Avios points will be award on your first qualifying purchase of more than $50 in a single transaction at Nordstrom, for a total of 36 points per dollar spent at Nordstrom. While Avios points aren’t nearly as valuable as they were before the devlauation, you still have to value them at around a cent or so each, which makes this a 36% discount in the form of miles for Nordstrom shopping.

So the initial offer is:

And then the bonus offer is:

To access the shopping portal, first go to ba.com and log in to your British Airways Executive Club account.

Then on the next page select “Collecting Avios.”

Then on the next page select “Shopping.”

Then on the final page select “Shop with BA eStore now,” which should take you to their shopping portal.

The key is that once you select Nordstrom as the partner you want to shop with, you’ll have to enter promotion code NORDX3 on the following page:

And that should be it. Just make sure you make a single purchase of more than $50 and use the promotion code, and if you want to be on the safe side, even take screenshots. I can’t imagine they’re intending to be this generous, so if you’re interested I would take advantage of this offer sooner rather than later.

(Tip of the hat to The Points Guy)

Comments

1. HikerT says

I’m guessing the 3x may be on the 6x base rate (which is already doubled). Either way I’ll be very happy with 18x or 36x on my sizable purchase tonight. :)

2. chitownflyer says

It would be nice if this promo would run during one of Nordstrom’s biannual sales, but it is good nevertheless if you are going to be making Nordstrom purchases.

3. jcmitchell21 says

Regardless of how they meant for the promo to be translated. The wording clearly says triple Avios will be awarded and there is no indication anywhere that 12 avios/$ is not the regular earning rate. 36 avios/$ is the only way I can read it.

4. YEGflyer says

Question about Avios from a Canadian in YEG.

Can you redeem Avios on an American Airlines code share with a non One World Alliance partner, specifically Westjet? AA code shares YEG to LAX and YEG to PHX.

These shorter flights would be great for the new Avios chart.

5. Dan in STL says

I’m not a BA mile collector but this is a great deal. I just wanted to comment that your post was great, nice screen shots and walk through. Thanks.

6. Mark says

So…. I’m thinking that if I use my Chase Ink card to buy Nordstrom gift cards at Staples (and get a 5x benefit there), I can use them to make my purchases at Nordstrom under this promotion and increase the yield to 41 points per dollar. Am I missing something?

7. Lisa says

I wish there was a closer airport that has American Airlines to me than 3+ hours away… There are some things I will buy and I’ll get the miles but it might not be worth it…

8. marathon man says

Looks like I got in late. It’s gone down to 4x per $1 but it’s still a good 12x when doing the code, so that’s nice. I needed a nice TAG watch and this will give me some nice BA mileage! thank you