Sexiest. Airplane. Ever.

I’m sure many of you have already seen this, but I can’t help but share. Air New Zealand just unveiled one of their Boeing 777-300ERs that’s in an all black paint scheme, to commemorate their rugby team.

Check out the video:

Seriously, that’s the sharpest looking plane I’ve ever seen. The 777-300ER is a sleek plane, and I’ve never seen a sleeker paint job.

Love it? Hate it? Lote it?

Comments

1. chchkiwi says

Yes, the paint scheme is gorgeous and is similar to that on Air NZ’s first domestic A320 delivered a while back. The two men who appear at the end of (and during) the video are members of our All Black rugby team – the winners of Rugby World Cup 2011. We’re all so proud of them and the fact that Air NZ has reflected that pride in its aircraft paint job.

Is it my favorite? No. But is a great looking livery and it certainly is unique (but really it isn’t because they are paint like half a dozen planes in it).

3. mike says

sexiest for now. Until someone crashes into it easily because it’s so dark and nobody will see it.

4. Blake says

Let’s hope that this paint job doesn’t go the way of the US and UA darker paint jobs ad chip off until it looks lie an airline from Zimbabwe….

5. A. S. says

It’s good-looking yes, but certainly not unique. Etihad has been painting some of their jets black for a while during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Still, a very nice livery for sure.

6. steve64 says

It looks sharp now, but just wait until it’s been in service a few months. Dark colors on planes never hold up. In addition to the scratching, there’s also the oxidation problem.

7. autolycus says

@James — Hey, my mom was a stewardess on Hughes Airwest in the early 70s! She found a Hughes-painted model of one of the planes she flew when she was at an antique mall a few years ago. It really is an ugly yellow.

8. jmd001 says

Sexy? That standard was set by what I think the first plane to break the “color barrier”? Playboy’s all-black “Big Bunny”. As memory serves me, prior to the Big Bunny’s black livery, the FAA prohibited all-black on the grounds of reduced visual detectability at night. The plane was an MD DC-9-32 delivered to Playboy Enterprises Feb. 24, 1969.

9. Rocky says

makes me want to fly it……but do the guys come with it? because if so I’m totally flying ANZ!