45,000 SkyMiles for Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card through December 19, 2011

Through December 19, 2011, American Express is offering a 45,000 mile sign-up bonus after spending $3,000 on the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card within three months. This offer applies to both their personal and business credit cards.

This is much better than the standard sign-up bonus of 30,000 miles, though it only requires $500 worth of spend in the first three months.

If you haven’t signed up for a SkyMiles credit card yet, this is about as good as the sign-up bonuses get…

Comments

1. Ted says

Hmm…they did this last year too. I signed up for Delta Gold Biz last year with same bonus and req spend (I think)

2. HikerT says

What’s up with posting the referral link to the standard offer? I mean, would you feel good about someone actually signing up for the lesser offer through that link?

@ Hiker – yep. I have the links up on my site now but you are talking for both cards $6000 spend vs $1000 spend!

But you are also getting an extra 30k points if you do both.

Thanks Ben for the link. HT’ed you. – Rene

4. BrewerSEA says

I see you posted the lesser offer as a referral link. I know you are committed to always disclosing referrals so I’ll assume you forgot to mention that this time? Just a friendly reminder :)

5. Yi says

Don’t know why the offer link for personal card 45K offer doesn’t work now, but the 45k biz and 55K biz still alive.

Try tomorrow.

By not working, I mean I can open the offer webpage (call it Page 1) which ask me personal information, but after I click on submit, the webpage will be redirected to a “error page” that says the offer is not available. Once I saw the “error page”, every time when I click on the offer link, the page 1 never shows.

But if I changed to a new web browser or clear the cache and cookies, the same thing described above will show again.

6. Heather says

I got the error message on the personal card when I tried applying using Google Chrome. I tried again in Firefox and it worked just fine. Miles Momma said she had to close her browser and reopen it to get the application to load.

7. Matt says

If you call Delta and sign up for Gold or Platinum over the phone, you also get a $100 statement credit and 2500 bonus miles if you add an authorized user–for free. Not sure if the 2500 bonus is available elsewhere but I believe the credit is over the phone only, online a $50 is the best you’ll find.