Today only: American Express Business Gold Rewards card 75,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus!

Please note this offer has expired

Today only American Express is offering a sign-up bonus of 75,000 Membership Rewards points after $10,000 of spend within five months on the Enhanced Business Gold Rewards Card (Bonus ID 7616). I got this card a few months ago with a 50,000 point sign-up bonus, so this is a really good deal, especially since there’s no annual fee for the first year. Much like the Premier Rewards Gold card, this card offers triple points on airfare, double points on gas (though not groceries), and one point per dollar on everything else.

I emailed American Express to see if they’ll honor the bonus for my card. While the days of “bumping the bonus” are over on targeted credit card offers, I’m curious to see if they honor it for me since this is a publicly available offer. I’ll report back.

Comments

I just met the minimum spend with the lunches I paid for in chicago. basedon your tip, I have sent in the secure message emphasizing it is available tp the general public. Time will tell on th response.

thanks Lucky

Rick

2. scott says

Appreciate the heads up Lucky — I’d been on the fence with this card, but since the bonus now doesn’t require a bump or 1st year fee, I’m in.

3. Lantean says

great offer, i just wish i could be sure to meet the min spend. in the times of no coins it’s not as easy as it used to be…

4. Ekartash says

I have a business gold card already. Would they honor this bonus if I applied for another (for a different company)?

If i already have a Amex Gold Delta card (non business), am I pretty sure bet to get this card (assuming credit is good)?

Second question, how valuable does everyone think Amex “point” are good for? How do you spend them? Thanks.

6. Everett says

So I’m not actually a “business”. How do I apply for this card? I was going to list my name as the business name (sole propieter) but what do I put for the Federal Tax ID number? Thanks!

7. MB says

Thanks for posting this. I’ve never gotten into Membership Rewards…but after what I learned at the Chicago Seminars I thought I ought to consider it. This deal was enough to make me pull the trigger.

THANKS!

8. Ozaer N. says

Lucky…..I read ur in DXB….make sure you visit BUQT’AIR restaurant in Jumeraih Beach….you wont be disappointed!

@ Other Ben — Hah, I’m trying to. It’s a lot of work and I haven’t had much free time unfortunately.

@ Ekartash — If it’s for a company with a different tax ID I suspect it might work. But otherwise I don’t think so.

@ Mike — Absolutely, it shouldn’t be too tough to be approved for this card. I consider American Express points to be worth about 1.8-2.0 cents each, though it’s tougher to value them as highly post-September 30.

@ Everett — For your tax ID just list your social security number. That should work.

@ MB — Good choice!

@ Ozaer N. — Thanks, will try to.

11. Easy Victor says

Thanks for the heads up! I was just approved. Will clear the spend in about 2 weeks, so 75k should post soon after!