Westin Charlotte offering 1,000 SPG points for any photo that gets 50 “likes”

Yes, the same hotel that gave you 500 SPG points just for liking them on Facebook is back with another cool promotion, as follows:

Let us send you on a Summer Vacation! WIN 1,000 SPG points and use them at Starwood Properties Worldwide! Post a picture of your favorite summer memory and get 50 friends to LIKE your picture. Once you get to 50 LIKES you will be awarded 1,000 points! BONUS – the photo with the MOST overall LIKES (over 50+) will win an additional 5,000 points! Contest ends July 11th. Where will you take your next vacation?!

So submit a picture on the Westin Charlotte’s Facebook page, and if you get 50 likes you get 1,000 SPG points.

I just posted a picture from New Zealand a few summers back, so if anyone wants to “like it,” I certainly won’t hold it against you (and I’ll be happy to “like” your picture in return). Let’s work together here and earn some SPG points!

FlyerTalk members are putting “FT” in the picture description so that we can help each other out.

Comments

1. Scott says

This is going to sound dumb, but how do you post a picture to their facebook page? I only have a fake account that I use for contests like these. Thanks!

@ Scott — You go to their “wall,” and then at the top you should see it says “write something.” Write in the caption and click the “picture” button above. Upload the picture and you’ll be good to go.

3. lili says

Thanks for posting this! I like your photo (and everyone else’s). How do we get the points? Are we supposed to register somewhere?

Thanks for the “likes,” folks! Trying to like all the other photos too.

@ lili — I assume they’ll contact us once we pass 50 “likes” asking for our SPG numbers.

5. AUSTEX says

I would have “liked” your photograph even if I didn’t, but actually I liked it a lot! Whew! Now I wont have to be living a lie.

6. deltaGOLDflyer says

Ben I see you are over 50 now. Let us know if we need to do anything once we are over 50. txs for the help bro!

7. astroGG says

Thanks Ben! My photo is
    “a flight engine (perhaps made by Rolls Royce) in the Boeing headquarter, last summer in Seattle. (FT)”
    I have liked your photo.
    I will try my best like each and every pictures mentioned here.

another question: how do they know my SPG account if I got 50 likes?

8. Yaswanth says

Thanks Ben! My picture is the one of the Over the water Bungalows on Cocoa Island in the Maldives. I spent a good 5-6 minutes liking about 30 or more pictures with (FT) in the caption. FT teamwork! :)

9. BJ says

Thanks for the nice info, Ben.
    I “liked” your photo, since I really liked it ;)
    I posted mine as well, which is a night shot of Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa.

10. deltagoldflyer says

Looks like only a few days left due to so many FT’er posting…..

“Thank you for everyone sharing their wonderful photos! Due to the amazing amount of entries, we’re going to end the contest Monday, July 4th! So get all of your friends to LIKE your photo over the weekend so you can be the winner of the 5,000 point prize! Good luck!!”

Thanks for playing in our contest! At the end of the contest, I’ll reach out to everyone who hit 50+ likes for SPG#s and such. Contest now ends on Monday, July 4th so I will be talking to a lot of you then! =)

12. Phil says

I am liking everybody who is under 50 likes, including non-ft pictures (trying to spread some good karma!)

it is wonderful to see all the pictures actually – we always talk about the wonderful trips, nice to see some of the output!

13. Julio Gonzalez says

I went back a few pages liking all the photos but I guess I did it too fast, as facebook said:

Block! You are engaging in behavior that may be considered annoying or abusive by other users.
    You have been blocked from using the like feature because you repeatedly misused this feature. This block will last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. When you are allowed to reuse this feature, please proceed with caution. Further misuse may result in your account being permanently disabled.

14. scientist says

Why am I not seeing the “write something” box? Can someone please confirm they can still see it?

15. BJ says

Wow, I’m having a busy day liking all the above photos ;)
    I still need a few more likes. Anyone willing to help?