Great Alaska fares to Hawaii (and up to 35,000 miles for a roundtrip ticket)!

Alaska Airlines has a pretty decent fare sale to Hawaii for tickets purchased through June 21 for travel between August 22 and October 31. Through the fare sale, tickets from the west coast are readily available for $360-400 all-in.

In and of itself that’s not earth shattering, though they’re also offering 25,000 bonus miles to new Mileage Plan members residing in Northern California that travel to Hawaii. So for a sub-$400 ticket from San Jose, Oakland, or Sacramento, you earn 25,000 bonus miles.

Add to that the fact that Alaska Airlines status matches most mid-tier elites to their MVP Gold level (which comes with four confirmable upgrade certificates), and you’re looking at a roundtrip first class ticket to Hawaii for under $400, plus about 35,000 Mileage Plan miles (the distance is about 2,500 miles in each direction, so 5,000 miles roundtrip, and that’s doubled for being an MVP Gold).

Not too shabby! I might just have to move to Northern California and fly Alaska Airlines first class to Hawaii for a weekend at the St. Regis Princeville thanks to Starwood’s very nice second quarter promotion.

Comments

This really is a great deal and Alaska might have gained a new customer, which I am sure was the intent of this promotion. While before, as a United 1P, I probably never would have thought of flying with them or anyone else for that matter, this deal caught my attention. I fly SMF-OGG about 5 times a year for business and Alaska flies that route direct. Add the status match, the 25,000 bonus, the very reasonable fares, access to some great mileage plan partners (American, Delta, Air France, KLM, and LAN all earn EQM’s and Alaska also partners with Cathay and Quantas) and it is hard to justify staying loyal to United, or at least flying them exclusively as much as I do.

2. chitownflyer says

Please keep in mind that the St. Regis Princeville is located 80 or 90 minutes from the airport in the middle of its own area. The Grand Hyatt Kauai has a much better location. During my Hyatt Kauai stay last year, I met a FT-MP member who later changed from the Hyatt to the St. Regis and quickly returned to the Hyatt. The Hyatt is his regular hotel through the years, and he highly recommends it.

3. John says

@chitownflyer- I’ve stayed at both. The Princeville location is unbeatable. It is very scenic. The hotel is built into the side of a cliff. The view of the Na Pali coast is spectacular.

The Hyatt is nice also. There is less rain on the Hyatt side of the Island.

4. chitownflyer says

@John, I did drive up to this area, and it is beautiful. It just is located quite far from other things to do on the island. The link and the pictures makes me want to return to LIH.

5. Drew says

A closer look at the promotion reveals that only certain zipcodes and most of those aren’t in Northern CA. I’ll be calling during the week to confirm but if you combine this with their companion airfare promotion when you get the Alaska Visa this is unbeatable.

6. Mike Benson says

After many years of loyal Alaska patronage I’m very discouraged about the current Alaska technique of routing Seattle frequent flyers through California cities in route to Hawaii destinations. It just seems wrong that a person in, let’s say San Jose or San Diego can fly direct to OGG or KOA for 40,000 miles while those of us who contributed to Alaska’s rise get stuck with having to fork over twice as many miles for a direct, non-stops. A mischevious practice that will eventually cause more harm to the bottom line…