As part of the Discover America promotion, Marriott will be selling gift cards for a percentage off the face value tomorrow, Monday, April 11, starting at 12PM eastern.
Via Loyalty Traveler, they will be selling gift cards in the following increments:
- $50 Marriott Travel Card for $44. (Maximum purchase = 5 cards)
- $100 Marriott TravelCard for $89. (Maximum purchase = 5 cards)
- $250 Marriott TravelCard for $222. (Maximum purchase = 2 cards)
- $500 Marriott TravelCard for $445. (Maximum purchase = 2 cards)
- $1,000 Marriott TravelCard for $890. (Maximum purchase = 1 card)
While those amounts are only a little bit more than 10% off of face value, they’re offering an additional 10% discount for making the purchase with an American Express credit card. In other words, if using an American Express, the $1,000 gift card is really costing you $801, or about 20% off.
If you’re a frequent Marriott guest, this is a pretty unbeatable deal.
Keep in mind that there are very limited quantities, so if you want to take advantage of this offer, be ready at 12PM eastern sharp with your credit card ready to go.