Over the weekend I posted about the three upcoming mega-trips I have planned. While I was planning on making them “mystery trips” and only revealing where I was headed while at the airport embarking on that particular trip, all three of my blog readers checked in and mentioned this would cause them sleep loss, and that’s not something I want to do to them.
Well, this afternoon I’m in the process of finalizing the last aspect of my last trip that’s not fully confirmed, so while I wait for the official confirmation, let’s have a little contest and see who can guess what I have planned.
Like I said in the original post, I’m looking at three huge trips (either in terms of distance covered or sheer awesomeness). Before you guess, here are a few clues:
- I haven’t reviewed any of the airlines I’m going to be flying on the longhaul segments (you can see a full list of airlines I’ve reviewed here)
- My first trip is really two roundtrips (of sorts) which are “nested.” That means I’m flying from the US to somewhere, picking up a separate roundtrip ticket from that location, and returning back to the US on that original ticket.
- My second trip is really four nested one-way tickets
- My third ticket is a “simple” roundtrip ticket
- Eight longhaul segments are in first class, five longhaul segments are in business class, and three regional segments are in business class (or something like that). Hopefully the clue there is that they better be some darn good business class products, or I wouldn’t be redeeming miles for them!
Anyway, those are all the details I’ll provide for now. Feel free to take a guess, and be as descriptive as you’d like. It’s not just about guessing the airlines, but also about guessing the destinations, routes, etc.
Feel free to guess until midnight eastern on Sunday (the 13th), at which point I’ll reveal the “winner.” The winner will receive some sort of prize that I can get together for their preferred loyalty program (within reason — I don’t have any Air China PhoenixMiles prizes, unfortunately!). It’ll be more than a drink chit but less than a free ticket. Since this is pretty complicated (and there probably won’t be an “obvious” winner) I’ll do the judging to the best of my ability. Lastly, if you know what trips I’m taking (because I’ve told you or for whatever reason), you’re disqualified.
Though hopefully the real prize here will be learning some new gem award redemptions. 😉