I’m speechless on so many levels right now. Check out this 26+ minute video the AFA created as they prepare for contract negotiations. It’s pure entertainment, for the most part.
Let me start by saying this: United’s labor groups deserve favorable contracts this year, and I’m sure they’ll get them. While United isn’t profitable, they got screwed during bankruptcy and deserve some of their benefits/pay back. I have a feeling management will give in to a certain extent in order to avoid a strike, since employee groups wouldn’t hesitate to strike, it seems.
Anyway, just a few observations from the video:
- The guy that I had the run-in with last year is in this video at 0:21, 3:18, 16:23, and 19:30. I nearly fell out of my chair!!! If you happen to fly with this guy, beware! Isn’t it nice to be able to legally expose one of United’s worst employees just by pointing to a union video? If any flight attendants are reading this that may know that guy, please send him my best regards.
- I realize this is the first stage of negotiations, but could the AFA be any less realistic when it comes to their demands? Based on the demands they’re rattling off in the video, it seems they want all employees to be compensated like Glenn Tilton. Pick and choose, AFA, pick and choose. You’re not getting everything!
- I nearly died of laughter starting at around 15 minutes. I’m not sure if they’re trying to point out how some flying experiences are on United or what, but it’s pretty damn funny.
- The lady that starts talking at around 16:35 freaks me the hell out!
- I’ve flown with several of the flight attendants in this video. There are some really good flight attendants among them, believe it or not.
Anyway, I was just so shocked to see that guy in the video. Or actually I’m not surprised he’d choose to participate in the video. Oh, and to clarify, when he says he’s willing to do “whatever it takes,” he means do anything except for treat passengers with basic respect.