I always enjoy setting travel goals, so here’s a list I put together of places I’d like to visit in the next few years. Yes, I realize I’m being a bit inconsistent here as some places listed are countries while others are cities. So, in no particular order:
- London, England. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I’ve never been to London. While I’ve been to the airport, I never actually made it into the city. I’ve always figured it’s a place I’ll see even without my excessive travel, which is probably why I never made an effort to see it.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I’ve never been to the Middle East, so this seems like a nice introductory city. I realize it might seem more glamorous from the outside than it really is, but it’s still a place I’d like to visit. It should be pretty easy to knock out London and Dubai on a single Virgin Atlantic award for 90,000 ANA miles in Upper Class from JFK. I hope to take that trip over the summer (yes, I realize it’ll be hot as hell).
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. I’ve heard nothing but great things about Buenos Aires, so I’m as good as there when I see a great fare.
- Prague, Czech Republic. This is another city that I’ve heard nothing but great reviews of. I’ll be sure to at the very least make a side trip the next time I’m in Europe.
- Katmandu, Nepal. I have no clue why, but there’s something about every picture I’ve seen of the city that makes me want to visit. It’s one of those cities that just seems so different that it’s worth seeing, and the mountains in the background look beautiful.
- Egypt. After my brother and mom visited it a couple of months ago, it’s definitely a place I want to see.
- Easter Island. Is an explanation really needed? It looks like a stunning place.
- India. I know I couldn’t be any more broad here given how massive and diverse India is, but I’ve never been to any part of it.
- Ireland and Scotland. I hate to group them together, but there are so many places I want to see and I promised a list of only 10!
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia. I’m a sucker for these types of places, I tell ya!
Well, that just about wraps up my list. Of course there are tons more places I’d like to visit, but those are my top ten. Am I missing any places that are hidden secrets? Of course it would help if I mentioned where I’ve been, but I’ll save that for another day.