I had amazing service this past weekend on United, so instead of the usual “I hate Glenn” quotes, they’re a bit more positive. Some were a bit ridiculous, but all came from great employees.
- “I’ve been doing this for 30 years and I wouldn’t trade it for any job in the world” — FA
- “How do you get a Seattle based flight attendant in the cockpit? Put a Twinkie on the dashboard?” — Captain
- After an FA told me that she was concerned about being furloughed, I questioned whether that was a legitimate concern, considering her seniority. Her response was “I’m actually a new hire, I started in February.” Oops! In my defense she later admitted that she had 30+ years at DL before moving to UA.
- “Yeah, this was originally just a special configuration for the Oscars, but they decided to convert the whole route to these planes. Since people are paying $6,000 one way for this (referring to business class), I guess it’s working.” — FA
- “Hmmm, you ordered the Indian vegetarian meal?” — FA
- “There’s no legitimate reason for a Captain to not have Channel 9 on. Ever.” — Captain
- While showing me the manifest (after realizing I knew quite a bit), an FA asked “Hmmm, so what does this US*Gold on the manifest mean? Does it mean they won a Gold Medal in the Olympics? I should probably go back there to congratulate them.” 😀 😀 😀